Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Recent updates in MapOSMatic

From: Maxime Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Recent updates in MapOSMatic
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 10:55:04 +0100

Hi,

* Thomas Petazzoni <address@hidden> [2010-03-20 20:58:30]:

> We have just updated MapOSMatic with new features :
>
>  * Translation in Spanish
>
>  * Improvement in the usability of the bounding box area selector
>
>  * Proper rendering of Korean, Japanese, Chinese (etc.) characters in
>    both the maps and street indexes
>
>  * Support for right-to-left languages in the index
>
>  * Switch to a new rendering daemon

Adding to this:

  * the copyright year in the map and the index is now correct and
    dynamically computed at the map generation time (instead of the
    hard-coded 2009)
  * a warning banner is now displayed under the menu when the rendering
    daemon is not running (example: http://appart.bulix.org:8081). It
    uses the PID file, so if the daemon crashes it may think that
    everything's ok. But at least it's a start.
  * updated translations in Portuguese and Polish

Looking back, this was a very interesting and motivating development
cycle. I'm looking forward to tackling some of the features/bugs in our
task list!

- Maxime

--
Maxime Petazzoni <http://www.bulix.org>
 ``One by one, the penguins took away my sanity.''