Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Common index prefixes for French

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Common index prefixes for French
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 13:00:22 +0100

Hello Jean-Guilhem,

2010/3/18 Jean-Guilhem Cailton <address@hidden>:
> I couldn't verify the issue before posting because
> http://www.maposmatic.org/new/ does not seem to be responding now, at least
> for me.

Not us, openlayers.org which we are using is currently down.

> This was based on a map previously generated, by someone else, so I don't
> know what selection was made.

So probably this person forgot to select "France" option. Hopefully. ;-)

> Maybe a default selection should be based on the local language for the city
> mapped ? (The language most street names are in).

When selecting a city using Administrative boundary, a sensible
selection is chosen.

For a bounding-box selection, one could select the default country
from browser preferred locale but as far as I remember other team
members where against this approach.

Let us know if you can reproduce the issue at a later time.

Best regards,
david