Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Common index prefixes for French

From: Jean-Guilhem Cailton
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Common index prefixes for French
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 12:28:07 +0100

David MENTRE a écrit :
[English is prefered on address@hidden

Hello,

Le 18 mars 2010 11:38, Jean-Guilhem Cailton <address@hidden> a écrit :

Avec mon réflexe acquis à propos de la traduction en espagnol, je remarque de nombreux préfixes communs sur l'index des rues de Nantes :

[...]

Par ailleurs, un É (E avec accent aigu, majuscule) en dernière position par ordre alphabétique (comme des "Écoles" bizarrement placées)

Les cordonniers seraient-ils, une fois de plus, les plus mal chaussés ? :)

Both those prefixes and the accent ordering are supported for French.

Are you sure you correctly selected "France" when doing a manual
selection on the map (it should be automatic we administrative
boundary selection) ?

If not, this is a bug. In that case, please tell us how to reproduce
the issue, we will look at it.

Best regards,
david

Sorry.

I couldn't verify the issue before posting because http://www.maposmatic.org/new/ does not seem to be responding now, at least for me.

This was based on a map previously generated, by someone else, so I don't know what selection was made.

Maybe a default selection should be based on the local language for the city mapped ? (The language most street names are in).

Best regards,

Jean-Guilhem