Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Installing ocitysmap on Sid

From: Maxime Hadjinlian
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Installing ocitysmap on Sid
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 11:23:38 +0100

Thomas is right, Postgresql wasn't available in Squeeze.
But I replaced Squeeze by Sid (my mistake sorry). They are not both present (I thought that would only mess everythings up).

Well anyway, I will look on this problem of RAM tonight and give you some feedback tomorrow :)

Thanks all !

Maxime H.

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 10:41, Thomas Petazzoni <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 10:21:35 +0100
David MENTRE <address@hidden> wrote:

> Ok, so you had a Squeeze install and you added Sid repositories. You
> should be aware that new packages can come from sid at any time,
> breaking things.

The problem might be that postgresql 8.4 wasn't available in Squeeze,
only in Sid. This is because the instructions in
INSTALL.Debian_unstable are really only for Debian Sid systems (or
recent Ubuntu systems). For Debian stable, the instructions to follow
are the one in the main INSTALL file, which uses postgresql 8.3 only.

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni                         http://thomas.enix.org
Promouvoir et défendre le Logiciel Libre http://www.april.org