Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Strange issue with Croatian translation

From: Maxime Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Strange issue with Croatian translation
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 12:09:09 +0100

Hi,

* David MENTRE <address@hidden> [2010-01-27 23:08:13]:

> Hello,
>
> As Marjan warned me, there is an issue on the Croatian translation. If
> you go to http://dev.maposmatic.org/ and select Croatian language
> ("Hrvatski"), a sentence is *not* translated ("As the data used to
> generate maps is coming from OpenStreetMap[...]").
>
> However, this sentence is dully translated into the Croatian locale:
>
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/maposmatic.git/tree/www/locale/hr_HR/LC_MESSAGES/django.po#n584
>
> Why this issue? Is it because "<" and ">" characters are encoded as
> "&lt;" and "&gt;" in the .po file?

Yes, they shouldn't be. The croation .po file is all wrong for these
sentences, as HTML special chars need not be encoded into HTML entities
in the .po files.

We need to fix all this. Maybe Marjan can re-work the file to correct
these errors? Any other .po file can be used as a template.

- Maxime
--
Maxime Petazzoni <http://www.bulix.org>
 ``One by one, the penguins took away my sanity.''