Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Problem with german city borders

From: Thomas Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Problem with german city borders
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 11:36:56 +0100

Le Mon, 11 Jan 2010 11:13:59 +0100,
Matthias Meißer <address@hidden> a écrit :

> What I mean is, that there are nodes that represent a city and
> include informations like number of citizens,... that is used to
> render the cityname on a specific position.

The problem is that nodes are just nodes. They don't give us the area
that covers the city. And we need the area to know how large the map
should be and which streets are part of the city.

The second problem is that, to my knowledge, there is no connection
between the node representing a city and the corresponding
administrative boundary.

Node for Berlin:
http://nominatim.openstreetmap.org/details.php?place_id=551156

Administrative boundary for Berlin:
http://nominatim.openstreetmap.org/details.php?place_id=49961488

> I have to take a look what the german guidelines say about the multi
> level problem...

Thanks! Don't hesitate to let us know about the result of your findings.

Regards,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni                         http://thomas.enix.org