Re: [Maposmatic-dev] [sr #107199] Russian name processor for ocitysmap

From: Jeroen van Rijn
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] [sr #107199] Russian name processor for ocitysmap
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 16:19:09 +0100

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 16:11, Thomas Petazzoni > We're thinking of
asking the OSM project about this requirement and see if
> something is doable at the OSM database level.

I mentioned something on the irc channel regarding this earlier.
Perhaps a name:index k-v pair with the expected way to index it. If
name:index is non-existent/empty, fall back to the current regex set.

It's worth trying to hash this out with the OSM community, since
almost all projects using their dataset will run into this.

Also, wondering what professionals do in their databases, I was
thinking that there may be some hints left in the OSM database from
the AND import. Some currently unused tags originally used for index
creation by AND?

--
"That's like saying that a squirrel is 48% juicier than an orange -
maybe it's true, but anybody who puts the two in a blender to compare