Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Re: Should place=locality index be merged with str

From: Jeroen van Rijn
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Re: Should place=locality index be merged with street index?
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 20:27:25 +0100

(forgot to reply all)

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 20:10, David MENTRE <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,

Evening,

> Next question: for St-Médard-sur-Ille, most localities start with "Le"
> or "La" and are indexed into "L" category. Should I put such prefixes
> after the locality name? This implies some refactoring in ocistysmap
> code as I fear clash with street names (e.g. "Rue La Fontaine").

Would it make sense to index e.g. "Les Trois Fontaines" be indexed as
"Trois Fontaines, Les" to
a) Index it under T instead of L
b) Use the suffix ", <prefix>" to avoid confusion with the usage of
"Streetname (<prefix>)" by street names.

Might this also avoid the clash with street names in the codebase?
(I've cloned the repository, but I've not yet managed to dig into the
code).

Also, the attached index has brought to light an issue where "pommiers
(Clos des)" among others is indexed twice, once capitalised, once all
lowercase. Likewise "sports (Rue de)" vs. "Sports (Rue de)", with the
additional gotcha that it affects the category header in that 's' is
the only category with a lowercase letter.

Regards,
 J.