Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Implementing bbox limitation

From: Maxime Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Implementing bbox limitation
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 10:44:59 +0200

* David MENTRE <address@hidden> [2009-09-08 09:40:33]:

> That should be refined, but we could start with 1.0 or 2.0 degrees of span.

We're going to have the same old degree-to-distance problem here. 1 or 2
degrees might be good at our latitudes, but the poor guy in Iceland or
Greenland won't be able to map his garden with that, and the guys from
Equator will be able to get huge maps.

We need to apply d2's formula from ocitysmap that implements the cosinus
trick to get a latitude aware distance computation, and check on the
distance itself.

- Maxime

--
Maxime Petazzoni <http://www.bulix.org>
 ``One by one, the penguins took away my sanity.''