make-alpha

Re: Question About Gmake Internals

From: Jon Forrest
Subject: Re: Question About Gmake Internals
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 09:01:28 -0700

On 9/2/21 10:29 PM, Paul Eggert wrote:

A variable set is just a set of 'make' variable definitions. You can think of it as a partial function from variable names to information about each variable. See variable.c for details.

Thanks, Paul. I've been looking at variable.c but it isn't clear to me
when and why it's necessary to create a new variable set.

(I knew you when you were at UCSB. I hope things are going well.)

Jon