Re: ftp site question

From: Bryan Gonzalez
Subject: Re: ftp site question
Date: Wed, 26 May 2021 11:34:27 -0400

No worries, thanks for the update!

On Wed, May 26, 2021, 11:11 AM Eric Blake <eblake@redhat.com> wrote:
On Sun, Jan 10, 2021 at 02:39:30AM -0500, Bryan Gonzalez wrote:
> If there is a better place to ask this question, please let me know.

This is the right place; however, your mail caught me at a time where
I was unable to be very responsive before now.

> It would appear that the m4-latest links on
> https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/m4/ are pointing to m4-1.4.17. Is this
> intentional?

No, and it has been fixed in the meantime.

> Also I encountered a problem compiling m4 with gcc 10.2.0. It didn't
> like _FORTIFY_SOURCE being redefined. I fixed it with a quick patch to
> configure.ac, but I was unable to find any information regarding the
> support status of 1.4.18. I do see it hasn't been updated in 4-5 yrs
> and that there is a newer branch in git. Are you accepting patches for
> 1.4.x ?

1.4.19 will be released this month (the 1.4.18d beta has had enough
soak time to get a few translation files submitted).

--
Eric Blake, Principal Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc.           +1-919-301-3266