Re: Trouble with m4 on linux

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: Trouble with m4 on linux
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 20:02:43 -0500

On 7/29/20 7:30 PM, M.R.P. zensky wrote:
Hello I am trying to define a simple macro with m4 but get error messages. Does
m4 need other software or options set to function?

Sorry, my mind reading skills are on the fritz today ;)

Please show what you typed, and the exact message you got. Otherwise, we're completely guessing as to what you did and why it triggered some unspecified error. In all likelihood, the problem is not a bug in m4 but a misunderstanding on your part about how to use it.

--
Eric Blake, Principal Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc.           +1-919-301-3226