Patch proposal - resetting the file and line

From: Raphael 'kena' Poss
Subject: Patch proposal - resetting the file and line
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 14:51:27 +0200

Hi all,

today marks the 5th anniversary of my GNU m4 extension which has already been
used in production in various projects: the ability to reset the value of
__file__ and __line__, a feature which we use here to get meaningful error
messages when using m4 behind another preprocessor.

Let me mark this anniversary by proposing (once again) this patch for
integration in the project -- this time as a diff against branch-1.4. I would
be sincerely grateful if this was merged, as it would measurably reduce the
complexity of our software distribution pipeline.

Best regards,

--
Raphael 'kena' Poss ยท address@hidden
http://science.raphael.poss.name/