Re: Macro + diversion issue

From: Daniel Richard G.
Subject: Re: Macro + diversion issue
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 03:43:28 -0400

In fact, it's a fairly simple patch. See attached for my stab at it. (Also,
there's a more straightforward test input file.) I did the two-arg
divert(), since that seems more natural than coming up with a new/separate
builtin for this.

I think this fills a hole in the core m4 feature set---right now, as I
understand it, the only way to send text to a diversion is at the point
when the text is actually being written out. With this, you can send text
to a diversion in the same way that errprint() sends text to stderr:
immediately upon evaluation of the builtin. Without regard to the invoking
context.

--Daniel

--
NAME   = Daniel Richard G.       ##  Remember, skunks       _\|/_  meef?
EMAIL1 = address@hidden        ##  don't smell bad---    (/o|o\) /