Re: Compile Gnu m4 with OpenSparc's GCC Problem

From: Colin Sharpe
Subject: Re: Compile Gnu m4 with OpenSparc's GCC Problem
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 04:17:49 -0800 (PST)

--- lys014 <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am a newbie in Solaris. I try to install Gnu m4 in
> my Solaris 10. But i
> encountered some warnings when i compile it with
> opensparc's gcc.
> Q1) Is it beacuse Gnu product is not compatible with
> opensparc compiler?
> Q2) Can someone help me to sort it out?
>
> Below is the warnings i received during compiling
> Gnu m4.
> --------------------------
> regex.c: In function 're_match_2_internal':
> regex.c:4064: warning: passing argument 1 of
> 'bcmp_translate' discards
> qualifiers from pointer target type
> regex.c:4064: warning: passing argument 2 of
> 'bcmp_translate' discards
> qualifiers from pointer target type
> --------------------------
> getopt.c: In function '_getopt_internal':
> getopt.c:488: warning: incompatible implicit
> declaration of built-in
> function 'strlen'
> --------------------------
> obstack.c: In function '_obstack_free':
> obstack.c:337: warning: incompatible implicit
> declaration of built-in
> function 'abort'
> obstack.c: In function 'obstack_free':
> obstack.c:371: warning: incompatible implicit
> declaration of built-in
> function 'abort'

I have compiled many open source programs using Sun's
gnu compiler and gnu make.  I have run into some
problems, mainly solved by changing the PATH system
variable.  You need to make sure that everything the
compiler needs is in the path.  A good place to start
might be by doing a "# find / -name strlen -print"
(Without quotes, with # being root's bourne shell
prompt).

Colin.