changequote problem ...

From: Jonas Geiregat
Subject: changequote problem ...
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 20:37:18 +0100

I have a problem I have created some macro's some of them expand a `
char other a [ and ]. Now in order to make it work I use
changequote([,]) define([foo],[fo`o`bar]) changequote(`,')
define(`bar',`fo[o]')
Then I include it into an other file that contains the macro's
themself, and run m4 -P.
This doesn't work completely, since m4 only looks at the last
changequote when executed. So foo will expand to foobar and bar will
expand to fo[o]. How can I overcome this ?