m16c-dev

Re: [M16C-dev] (no subject)

From: Grant Edwards
Subject: Re: [M16C-dev] (no subject)
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 09:55:56 -0500

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 11:40:01PM +0900, Gaspar Sinai wrote:

> I am planning to write a flasher if I can allocate enough time.
> Till then I will use the one I mentioned earlier on this list.
>
> I am also interested if KD30 could be used to debug programs.
> On m16c-forum
>
>    http://www.m16c-forum.com/wwwboard/wwwboard.html
>
> I was told that the only description of the protocol is the
> KD30 source code itself - which comes without any comments in
> it. I posted this just in case someone is planning to write
> debugging support.

I spent a couple weeks trying to get the protocol information
required to write a CAN-bootloader flasher, but was utterly
unsuccessful.  I don't I even got the FAE to understood what I
was asking for since he kept pointing me to the page in the
hardware manual that shows which pins to wire high/low to put
it into CAN bootloader mode.

Other vendors manuals contain that sort of info, but
Mitsubishi's documents and support sure seem lacking.

--
Grant Edwards
address@hidden