lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Errors during build of lwip in Windows

From: Giuseppe Modugno
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Errors during build of lwip in Windows
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2023 17:43:51 +0200

Il 17/04/2023 12:41, Simon Goldschmidt ha scritto:
Am 17. April 2023 08:38:56 MESZ schrieb Giuseppe Modugno
<giuseppe.modugno.loqed@gmail.com>:
Il 15/04/2023 01:58, Giuseppe Modugno ha scritto:
[...]
I don't know exactly why, but the problem disappeared in my build system after
postponing lwipallapps, such as:

target_link_libraries(example_app ${LWIP_SANITIZER_LIBS} lwipcontribexamples
lwipallapps lwipcontribapps lwipcontribaddons lwipcontribportwindows lwipcore
lwipmbedtls)

That's a known problem of the gnu linker: order of libraries is important!

I thought the order of libraries given to the linker was important for all linkers. Anyway, are you going to change the order to fix this problem on gnu linker?

I don't think I'm the only one that uses gnu linker. I suppose many uses GNU Arm toolchain for embedded.

Lastly another strange behaviour. If I enable LWIP_HTTPD_APP, the build process
is ok, but I can't see the web page on the browser when I type the URL
http://192.168.1.200.
[...]

I suspect there's a problem with WinPcap libraries. If I try to connect to the
http server from another machine, it works. Even ping to lwip doesn't work from
the Windows host machine.

Do you know how this can be solved?

When talking loopback to the application, checksums are not generated as the
windows driver or hardware generates them. Either you turn off that option in
the windows driver or you disable checksum checks in lwip.

Thank you, yes, it works.