lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Corrupted ETH Rx Buffer in STM32H7 with TCP protocol

From: Grant Edwards
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Corrupted ETH Rx Buffer in STM32H7 with TCP protocol
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 13:54:56 -0000 (UTC)

On 2022-05-31, Indan Zupancic <indan.zupancic@mep-info.com> wrote:

> This is probably because the ST driver releases the DMA buffers
> before you have handled the data. It tries to do zero copy, but does
> it wrong.

In my experience, target code provided by Silicon vendors is always
very poor quality and should never be trusted. It's been like that for
40 years, and I've seen no sign of change.  I rarely use anything
except the include files that contain register definitions, and you
have to double-check those to make sure they're right.

--
Grant