lwip-users

[lwip-users] Insufficent performance of LwIP stack - any suggestions?

From: Oleg V. Kobrin
Subject: [lwip-users] Insufficent performance of LwIP stack - any suggestions?
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2020 10:00:53 +0300

I got an external device connected to my custom TM4C1294KCPDT-based board via TCP/IP. There are software on a PC connecting to this board.

I am using lwin2.1.2.

The device sends some data to my board, the throughput is:

100 times per second - a packet of 78 bytes plus a packet of 2428 bytes, and some small packets once per second, thus about 256kbytes per second. I can receive and process all this data.

So I need to send processed data to PC, this is about 120bytes + 2418bytes 100 times per second.

The problem is, I can succesfully send small data ,120bytes @ 100Hz, plus lagre data, 2418bytes @ 20Hz, but then I increase the lagre data rate to 50Hz and more, I see LwIP reports TCP send buffer overflows, so I need to wait until it goes out and I have some data lost.

Is there any lwip tuning or any other workarounds possible? Thank you!

Oleg V. Kobrin
Portlab, Ltd.