lwip-users

[lwip-users] mDNS Service Search Not Working

From: Niall Begley
Subject: [lwip-users] mDNS Service Search Not Working
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2020 10:38:08 -0400

Hi everyone,

I'm new to both lwip and mdns and I'm trying to use mdns_search_service() to search for a service on my network (any service, really, I just want to see it work) but I'm having trouble.  The callback I provide is never being called even though from what I can tell from wireshark the mDNS query is making it out there and is being responded to.

I saw that someone else had this exact same issue (http://lwip.100.n7.nabble.com/mDNS-question-td34016.html) but it doesn't look like there were any follow ups.

I don't see any documentation for either mdns_search_service or mdns_search_stop outside of comments in the code, so I don't know if these are really used by anyone?  Does anyone have experience with this that could help me out?