lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #64685] snmp traps build failure (dangling pointer)

From: Sly Gryphon
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #64685] snmp traps build failure (dangling pointer)
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 20:18:23 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #2, bug #64685 (group lwip):

I am just trying the basic example build, from the docs and getting this same
error:

```sh
mkdir build
cd build
cmake ..
cmake --build .
```

Error:

```txt
/home/sly/Code/lwip/src/apps/snmp/snmp_traps.c:401:24: error: storing the
address of local variable ‘snmp_v2_special_varbinds’ in
‘*varbinds.prev’ [-Werror=dangling-pointer=]
  401 |         varbinds->prev = &snmp_v2_special_varbinds[1];

```

So the question is, how do you use the app if it can't even build?  Surely
there must be a way to build it, otherwise it is useless (how do you do
releases).

Do we need to pass in a flag to ignore the warning or something?

(Or I did read some comments about the latest GCC now being stricter at
checking this error, so maybe it didn't happen with earlier compilers. I am
using GCC version 13.2.0)

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?64685>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.nongnu.org/