lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #9431] Removing the restriction on number of sockets

From: Joan Lledó
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #9431] Removing the restriction on number of sockets
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 13:01:00 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #5, patch #9431 (group lwip):

Hello,

I refactored this patch to make it simpler and adapt better to the existing
code.

Now it doesn't use a linked list, sockets are stored in a dynamic array. This
way we can reuse all existing code to lookup and free sockets. And it only
introduces a few changes in the alloc_socket() function when
LWIP_SOCKET_OPEN_COUNT is enabled.

Also, since we are reusing existing code for all operations except socket
allocation, complexity is the same with or without LWIP_SOCKET_OPEN_COUNT
enabled:

- Alocate: O(n)
- Lookup: O(1)
- Free: O(1)

(file #55914)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: 0001-Remove-restriction-on-number-of-sockets.patch Size: 8KiB

<https://file.savannah.nongnu.org/file/0001-Remove-restriction-on-number-of-sockets.patch?file_id=55914>

    AGPL NOTICE

These attachments are served by Savane. You can download the corresponding
source code of Savane at
https://git.savannah.nongnu.org/cgit/administration/savane.git/snapshot/savane-3a3eac0100c1af30944362b400ee562149bc6d7a.tar.gz

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?9431>

Message sent via Savannah