lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] Why LWIP doesn't support CNAME translation in DNS?

From: Chen Bary
Subject: [lwip-devel] Why LWIP doesn't support CNAME translation in DNS?
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 12:20:30 +0200

Hi LWIP developers,

As far as I understood, there is a scenario where a CNAME record is received from a DNS server without associated IP addresses.

I have been working with LWIP for a while and it appears that LWIP doesn't have a handle for this kind of answer in the dns_recv function.

Could you please kindly provide insights into why LWIP may not currently support CNAME translation without an IP address?
Any guidance or information on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Bary345