lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #64685] snmp traps build failure (dangling pointer)

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #64685] snmp traps build failure (dangling pointer)
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2023 14:20:23 -0400 (EDT)

You're right that it is storing the address of a variable on stack, but I
don't think you're right that it is broken: as I see it the variable (although
referenced by address) is only used during its lifetime, i.e. mainly for
snmp_send_msg() and restored before the function is exited.

The code as it is should not have a real problem. I'm still open to change it
to get rid of the warning you see, if you have any suggestion.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?64685>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.nongnu.org/