lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #64558] pending IGMP response is cleared when there is

From: Niklas Molin
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #64558] pending IGMP response is cleared when there is a query message
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 21:48:09 -0400 (EDT)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
         Planned Release: None
            lwIP version: 2.0.3

Follow-up Comments:

Date: Wed 16 Aug 2023 01:48:07 AM UTC By: Niklas Molin <nikmol>
If I have a pending IGMP response and we receive a query message, it will
start over the timer for the response.
If the router sends burst of query messages, it would be that there won't be a
response sent until there is timed out.

In RFC2236 section 3, it says:
If a timer for the group is already running, it is reset to the random value
only if the requested Max Response Time is less than the remaining value of
the running timer

So there needs to be a check if the new MAX Response Time is less than the
remaining time, if so, we need to update the timer, otherwise we should
continue to use the current timer value.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?64558>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.nongnu.org/