lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #10358] dhcp_start : save dhcp memory type flag.

From: MinghaoWang
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #10358] dhcp_start : save dhcp memory type flag.
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 11:53:09 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #2, patch #10358 (project lwip):

[comment #1 comment #1:]
> [comment #0 original submission:]
> > dhcp_start reset all dhcp flags, so a statically allocated struct dhcp
which was inited by dhcp_set_struct will try to release its memory in
dhcp_cleanup, and that is incorrect.

> dhcp_cleanup() isn't supposed to be called if using dhcp_set_struct(). See
the dhcp_cleanup() docs in dhcp.c:

>  * ATTENTION: Only use this when not using dhcp_set_struct() to allocate
the
>  *            struct dhcp since the memory is passed back to the heap.

I think maybe the doc of dhcp_cleanup() is outdated, because after version
2.2.0 the dhcp_cleanup() was designed to accept struct dhcp which allocated by
 dhcp_set_struct(), the dhcp_cleanup() can prevent passing external data to
heap by check flag DHCP_FLAG_EXTERNAL_MEM.
The problem is this flag will be cleared in dhcp_start(), cause dhcp_cleanup()
pass external memory to heap incorrectly, and my patch is used to fix this
problem.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?10358>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.nongnu.org/