lmi

Re: [lmi] Use wxWidgets support for safely showing message boxes

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Use wxWidgets support for safely showing message boxes
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 00:58:27 +0000

On 2/23/23 00:00, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
[...]
>  This looks like a chicken and egg problem to me: we need wx to show the
> message box, but this function is only [supposed to be] used when wx is not
> available, so it does seem like it can't use it, almost by definition.
>
>  But please let me know if I do miss something here

Yet msw seems to have solved the chicken and egg problem,
as we can always pop up a messagebox with a NULL parent;
and if the message text and caption are static strings,
IIRC, then the messagebox will be shown correctly even
in the case of complete resource exhaustion. Does GTK
have nothing similar to cover such contingencies?