lmi

Re: [lmi] Pending PRs

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Pending PRs
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 01:58:43 +0100

On Tue, 14 Feb 2023 23:49:31 +0000 Greg Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

GC> On 2/11/23 21:31, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
GC> [...]
GC> >  I'm going to separate them in different groups. First one contains simple
GC> > fixes that I'd like to see applied and which, hopefully, shouldn't be
GC> > controversial:
GC> >
GC> > - Don't use wxClientDC class unnecessarily
GC> >   https://github.com/let-me-illustrate/lmi/pull/222 (dont-use-client-dc)
GC>
GC> Cherry-picked.

 Great, thanks for applying this and the other PRs!

GC> I first tried merging it instead, because IIRC you had
GC> expressed a preference for that in the past, but in that case the
GC> commit message said only that it was a merge from a particular SHA1.
GC> Cherry-picking preserves your commit message.

 Merging would have created non-linear history in this case, which is
something you always preferred to avoid, so I've stopped arguing for using
it but, just in defense of the merge, it preserves the entire commits (with
the same SHA-1s), including their commit messages -- the message that you
saw was for the merge commit itself, which was in addition to, and not
replacing, the commits being merged.

GC> I'm testing all the cherry-picks above now, and will push them soon
GC> as long as all the tests succeed.

 I can now confirm that the CI builds passed as well, so everything is
good.

 And I'll try to test lmi a bit more with the latest wx 3.2 soon (i.e. this
week, although it will more likely be a calendar week rather than a
business one) and hopefully you will be able to upgrade to it for the next
month release.

 Thanks again!
VZ