listhelper-discuss

Re: more debbugs-submit discards

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: more debbugs-submit discards
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 13:38:04 -0400

(I'm not subscribed to listhelper-discuss, please cc me on replies.)

Bob Proulx wrote:

> If you vivified the message then unless you whitelisted the address
> first it would have generated a new message and I should have found
> a second copy of these latter two like there was for the first one.
> I don't see any which seems odd.

When I "vivify" the message I inject it directly into the debbugs
mechanism. It does not go through the debbugs-submit mailing list. So
you won't see a second copy of those mails for moderation. Also, I do
whitelist the associated sender address anyway at the same time.

(However, sometimes you may see a second copy on the target mailing
list. Eg if someone sends to bug-coreutils, that message is
intercepted and passed to debbugs-submit for moderation. If it passes
there, it generates a debbugs report and gets sent out to
bug-coreutils, where it might be moderated again. I don't know if you
still have moderation on that list. For bug-gnu-emacs, I turned it off
because it is no longer needed.)