listhelper-discuss

Re: Debbugs-submit post from address@hidden requires approval

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: Debbugs-submit post from address@hidden requires approval
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 13:04:50 -0600

Glenn Morris wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> > I always thought that preserve for administratory meant keep it in the
> > hold queue.  What does it really do when a message is preserved for
> > the administrator?
>
> It saves a copy in SPAM_DIR, which can be set in /etc/mailman/mm_cfg.py.
> It defaults to VAR_PREFIX/spam = /var/lib/mailman/spam.

Nice.

> It makes it really easy to recover a message mistakenly classified as
> spam.

I vivify messages by re-sending them.  This works okay.  But it does
add additional new headers that an original message would not have.  I
would rather not have those because it is not a perfect recovery.  But
it would be really unusual for someone to actually notice this though
and so far after many years of doing it that way I have never had
anyone ever say anything about it.  As far as I know no one has ever
noticed the extra headers.

If a message is in /var/lib/mailman/spam what method do you use to
recover the message?  It is probably cleaner than the way we do it.

Bob