[Linphone-users] Clean uninstall of Linphone from Windows 10

From: simon . edwards
Subject: [Linphone-users] Clean uninstall of Linphone from Windows 10
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2021 08:47:28 -0700

I'm getting some problems with Linphone (Desktop 4.2.5 - Qt5.14.2 Core 4.4.19) on Windows 10, in that I'm trying to change the config and tell Linphone to register to a different server, but it seems to want to still try to connect to the original server.

So, I've been trying to uninstall Linphone and re-install it, but each time I try, when I launch Linphone again, it has all the old config preserved, and it still tries to connect to the old server. It looks like its trying the newly configured server, but looking at a wireshark trace, I can see it's still trying the old one.

I have tried uninstalling, plus deleting the Linphone directory in ProgramFiles(x86) (which was left behind by the uninstall), and I also deleted any keys referring to Linphone from the registry, and deleted all the temporary Windows files. But reinstalling after all that still leaves a load of preserved configuration stuff in the app.

How can I do a complete uninstall, and remove everything that relates to Linphone, so I can do a totally clean install from scratch? (Apart from re-installing Windows!)

Thanks

Simon

P.S. Another annoying bug is that when I quit Linphone, it still remains in memory doing its stuff, as you can see it in TaskManager. Please - when we quit the app can we make sure the app does in fact quit?!