Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone-users Digest, Vol 170, Issue 15

From: John Statler
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone-users Digest, Vol 170, Issue 15
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 13:09:33 -0800

I found an interesting report on the Asterisk issues site (https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-24807) directly related to ' Missing mandatory header [Max-Forwards],'

I sent my log and the Asterisk link to my VoIP service provider in the (maybe remote) chance they will understand the fix Asterisk used.

The following, though I understand little of it, is from that Asterisk issue site.

The intent is for Max-Forwards to be added by default to outbound SIP requests. In res_pjsip/config_global.c, the Max-Forwards and User-Agent headers are configured to be added to outbound requests. Then the PJSIP module in res_pjsip/pjsip_global_headers.c is intended to send those headers out on each request.

My guess here is that this is another instance of that all-too-common config framework/sorcery mistake where the absence of a configuration section results in expected default values not being applied. As an experiment, in your pjsip.conf file, can you add the following:

[global]
type = global

Adding a global configuration section should result in the default Max-Forwards and User-agent headers being applied. If this fixes the problem, it should be easy to create a patch to fix this.

If my provider can't fix it, do you think there is any way for me to remove the requirement for that header?

Do you think the header exists on a Linphone to Linphone connection but not on the cell phone to Linphone connection?

Thanks for taking the time to review this issue.

John.