Re: [Linphone-users] Phone fails to launch in winXP

From: John White
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Phone fails to launch in winXP
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 14:17:10 -0800

I sometimes wonder if they care much about slackware linux either. I have been trying to get someone to tell me how to avoid linphone dropping certain incoming calls after 37 seconds for about a year now, without success. I don't think this is how skype became such a successful business (before Gates bought it). Linphone is better than skype, technically, but has little chance of successfully competing until more attention is paid to customer concerns. This is a fact, not a criticism. I suspect Linphone's capital situation may be such that it is doing the best it can.

John White

Jacek Komorowski wrote:
Rick,
A year ago I have reported similar issues, 9 month later I had a non-conclusive answer from Ghislain of the support team but since new builds resulted in C++ Runtime Library Runtime Errors, Ghislain gave up :(
They don't seem to care very much about Windows XP.
Good luck anyway.
JK