Re: [Linphone-users] Auto-answer Feature

From: Jim Diamond
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Auto-answer Feature
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 12:28:35 -0300

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 11:20 (-0400), David Diamond wrote:

> I am running Linphone 3.4.2 in Windows. As far as I can tell, there is no
> way to configure it to auto-answer calls. If I am wrong, could someone
> please tell me how to do it? And if I'm right, could someone in development
> please implement this? Since this already seems to be a feature in the
> command line version, then surely it can't be hard to put into the GUI! My
> particular need for a SIP phone REQUIRES auto-answer, and Linphone is ideal
> in every other respect but this one...

I added a patch to linphone-3 (the gui version) a while back to
auto-answer.  As I recall the patch (or at least the idea, maybe not
my specific code) was incorporated.

On Linux if I start linphone-3 with the -a option, it auto-answers.
Since I use my own version with other patches, I can't easily test
this out, and since I avoid windows like the plague it is, I can't
test that out either.  But you can give it a whirl.

Cheers.
                                Jim