Re: [Linphone-users] Re: Internal mic not working with, linphone (but wi

From: Dragos D
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Re: Internal mic not working with, linphone (but with other apps)
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 13:26:21 -0500

OK, what is the output of
arecord | aplay ?
Does it show you any error? It would be interesting if you had here an external mic...

Could you also try:
arecord --device=hw:0,0 --format=S16_LE --channels=2 | aplay
You may change the nr of channels to 1...

I don't know how other apps work, maybe through oss ?!?

I use Ubuntu and I had to install the linux-backports-modules-alsa-2.6.32-26-generic-pae package for my Sony laptop. You may try something similar if you have the pae kernel...

R,
Dragos

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 12:27 PM, Florian Hollerweger <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

Dragos D <address@hidden> wrote:
> Did you try:
> arecord | aplay ? (you shoud hear the mic in your speakers if the internal
> mic is the default device).

Mmh, I have to admit that is not the case, i.e. I do not hear anything,
(although the internal mic *is* selected in alsamixer, and I use it with
great success with other applications). I have a feeling that I am about
to learn something new about ALSA here :)

> What is the output of:
> arecord -l   ?

**** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: ALC262 Analog [ALC262 Analog]
 Subdevices: 1/1
 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

best,
flo.H