[Linphone-users] Re-registration after 200 OK reponse with 'receive' tag

From: Jos Huybrighs
Subject: [Linphone-users] Re-registration after 200 OK reponse with 'receive' tag in Via header
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 18:24:36 +0100

All,

I have an issue with linphone in conjunction with a specifc SIP proxy/registrar and am not sure whether the following is correct behavior of linphone:

- A couple of linphone devices run on a subnet (e.g. 172.10.100.x) that is different from the main SIP network where also the proxy/registrar sits (e.g. 10.10.20.x).
- There is a Linux router connecting the 2 networks without using NAT, nor STUN.
- The 200 OK response on the first REGISTER request returns with a 'receive' tag in the Via header that holds the egress IP address of the router (e.g. 10.10.20.33). The 'receive' tag in the header is added by the SIP proxy which is correct proxy behavior as far as I know.
- Because of the 'receive' tag (at least that is what I think) linphone however makes a 2nd REGISTER request. This time with the IP address of the 'receive' tag as Contact header.
- When receiving the 200 OK response linphone considers itself well registered.
- When linphone establishes an outgoing call it puts the last registered contact address (10.10.20.33) as media sink address in the SDP connection field which obviously does not work.

Can someone shed some light on this?

Thanks,
Jos