[Linphone-users] Re: How to compile Linphone 3.31

From: Garry Tristan
Subject: [Linphone-users] Re: How to compile Linphone 3.31
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 20:29:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Jakob,

Thank you very much for your help. You are right, I was trying to compile under Ubuntu 10.04 x64. I followed your instructions. The "sudo apt-get build-dep linphone" has added 270+ MB in my system.

After that I followed the instructions, got various errors and at the end linphone was still 3.21. "glade-gtk/./linphone-3" didn'tstart Linphone 3.31 either (Error = No such file or directory).

In anyway, I have had enough! This confirms my suspicion about why the author didn't supply compilation instructions. It is too complex and not to be done by anyone not used to Linux development. It would be nicer to supply a *.deb package.

Damn! Today I have just done a quite complex installation of a Sharepoint 2010 Dev machine in a VM from A to Z. And yet, I am powerless to compile just a small program.

Now I would like to undo whatever I have done. Removing all the un-necessary stuffs I brought in to compile Linphone 3.31. Do you know how to do it?

Thanks in advance.