[Linphone-users] Ortp rtp_session_recvm_with_ts Jitter calculation

From: Parshant chowdhary
Subject: [Linphone-users] Ortp rtp_session_recvm_with_ts Jitter calculation
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 12:42:38 +0530

Hi All,

I am new to ortp and trying to understand its flow. I have some query regarding the timestamp changed by the rtp_session_recvm_with_ts before returning the mblk.
What i have understand after gone through the code that ortp stack calculates jitter information on arrival of the packet and used the same when its going to return the mblk.
It's calculate the changed time stamp using jitter statistics its calculated during rtp packet parsing and update the same in rtp header. After that it's return the packet back to medistreamer.
In receiver process of mediastreamer will add the packet in to  queue for decoder to process.

I want to know where this changed timestamp will used up?Because what i understand that decoder will read the packet from the queue and than device will playout.
Where is the logic to use the changed timestamp to playout the packet at the receiver side reside?

Please correct me wherever i am wrong and help me to understand the flow of the receiving packet.

Regards,
Parshant