[Linphone-users]use with outbound proxy siproxd

From: Robert W. Brewer
Subject: [Linphone-users]use with outbound proxy siproxd
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 01:38:04 -0500 (EST)

I'm running the Linphone 0.9.1 Debian package.  It's working correctly
as much as I've tested so far, which is just talking to sipomatic.

Now I'm trying to operate with siproxd as an outbound proxy, since
my Linphone machine connects to the Internet via another Linux box
configured as an IP masquerading firewall.

I've read the documentation, and it isn't very clear about
what the different addresses mean.  In particular, I'm
confused about what to fill in for the following fields
in the SIP Parameters tab:

  Your sip address:  sip:address@hidden
  Server address:    sip:192.168.0.1
  Address of record  sip:address@hidden

Do those look correct?  Do they even matter since I'm not
really registering with a server?  Note that wiz is not a valid
external DNS name.  Linphone does seem to be registering with
my siproxd.

  192.168.0.1  is the internal address of my firewall machine
  209.92.x.y   is the external (ppp) address of my firewall machine,
                    which is dynamic
  192.168.0.10 is the internal address of my Linphone machine

Also, it appears that every time I start my ppp session
I will have to edit the siproxd config file and tell it
my new outbound ppp address.  Is that true?

Thanks for any hints.

-Rob