[Linphone-developers] [Feature request] Option to turn off certificate v

From: René Schmidt
Subject: [Linphone-developers] [Feature request] Option to turn off certificate verification in GUI
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 08:53:31 +0200

Dear linphone-developers,

I want to suggest to add an option in the GUI of linphone to turn off
the certificate verification used for example with the TLS transport.
If, like in my case, the SIP server runs with a self signed certificate
there is currently no way to turn it off besides editing the config
file directly which is a problem if you for example use the AppImage
version of linphone-desktop as it does not allow to do that. I did not
check out the mobile applications of linphone but I reckon that it
might be the same and even if you could edit the config files it would
be an ease of use to have it directly in the GUI and not going the
config way.

Thanks and best regards