Re: How can I print only some parts of a score (staves, but no chords)?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: How can I print only some parts of a score (staves, but no chords)?
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2023 15:38:10 -0400

Hi Alessandro,

>> blocks will already do the trick. You can even have multiple parts (using
>> \bookpart { ... } or even multiple separate books from the same source file
>> using \book { ... }).
>
> Do you mean that different pdfs will be produced?

Yes: each \book block will result in a separate PDF output file.

> P.S. I am happy there are other solution other than lilypond-book,
> because to me it seems a very fragile solution (copying the doc and then
> composing manually), especially if you are embedding music in a complex
> LaTeX document. There is lyluatex with LuaLaTeX but I don't know if the
> output is the same in terms of quality

If you’re talking about the lyluatex that Urs Liska was working on, the quality
is superb — if I only had time to retool my workflow, I would probably move it
all to that framework.

Cheers,
Kieren.

My work day may look different than your work day. Please do not feel obligated
to read or respond to this email outside of your normal working hours.