Re: How can I print only some parts of a score (staves, but no chords)?

From: Alessandro Bertulli
Subject: Re: How can I print only some parts of a score (staves, but no chords)?
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2023 18:40:46 +0200

Many thanks to all!

> Doing multiple
>
> \score { ... }
>
> blocks will already do the trick. You can even have multiple parts (using
> \bookpart { ... } or even multiple separate books from the same source file
> using \book { ... }).

Do you mean that different pdfs will be produced?

> Now, there are many ways of having selective content. Using tags certainly is
> one of them. This is nice if you put the content of your \score into a
> variable, for then you can simply do
>
> \score { \removeWithTag #'chords \myMusic }

Yes, in the end I found a way to do what I was thinking using tags and a
custom Makefile, but it is really cumbersome and I need to touch
multiple things every song added.

By the way, I see that you added some Scheme in your solution: which
parts of the manual should I read to learn what do they do?

Thanks!

P.S. I am happy there are other solution other than lilypond-book,
because to me it seems a very fragile solution (copying the doc and then
composing manually), especially if you are embedding music in a complex
LaTeX document. There is lyluatex with LuaLaTeX but I don't know if the
output is the same in terms of quality

--
Alessandro Bertulli