Re: Beginner question about writing for drums

From: Pierre-Luc Gauthier
Subject: Re: Beginner question about writing for drums
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 13:41:29 -0400

Sorry about that, yes the example does not show anything about the
connection between voice "1" and "2".

Here is one that does :

\version "2.25.5"

\language "english"

grooveI = \drummode <<
  <<
    {
      \override NoteHead.color = "red"
      \repeat unfold 15 hh16 hho\laissezVibrer |
      r8 \repeat unfold 12 hh16 hho8\laissezVibrer
    }

  \\
  {
    \override NoteHead.color = "green"
    bd4 r bd r8. bd16 |
    r16 hhp bd bd r4 bd16 8. r8 bd |
  }

grooveII = \drummode <<
  <<
    \repeat unfold 8 hh8  |
    \repeat unfold 2 {s4 sn8 s} |

  \\
  \repeat unfold 2 {bd4 r} |

\new DrumStaff \with {
} {
  \repeat unfold 2 \grooveI |
  \repeat unfold 4 \grooveII |
}

Here voice "1" stays red and voice "2" stays green.

Not sure why I do not find a way to change it in a \layout block…

\layout {
  \context {
    \DrumVoice % = "1" ?
    % only where DrumVoice = "1"