Re: Voice synthesis

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Voice synthesis
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2023 04:03:17 -0700

On 2023-04-25 3:53 am, J Martin Rushton wrote:
I was playing back a MIDI piece and wondered if anyone had ever
combined voice synthesis with MIDI?  I know that you can get MIDI
"ah"s, but I was meaning voiced from the text like a text reader.

Purely idle wondering, no-one need to make any great effort and I don't
(currently) have a use case.  It just seemed the next step in the
development of computer music.

You could look into Vocaloid. Its origins are with Japanese phonetics, but I have heard folks use it for other languages.

-- Aaron Hill