Re: Non-local page-break oddities

From: William Rehwinkel
Subject: Re: Non-local page-break oddities
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2023 01:41:35 -0400

Dear Joel,

I think that using multiple bookparts is a perfect strategy for this document based on this example, in which each score should nicely start on a new page.

Without any minimal examples, it is hard to determine what exactly is causing the bad page-breaking results, maybe you are using the optimal-page-turn algorithm for example.

In case you didn't know and it is any help, you can define header blocks inside bookparts, and override global header values or delete them by setting the value to ##f, like the following.

-William

% ---------------

\version "2.25.2"

\header {
  composer="this will appear in every bookpart"
}
\book {
  \bookpart {
    \header {