Re: Tuplet spacing comparison

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Tuplet spacing comparison
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 01:52:56 +0200

Le mercredi 19 avril 2023 à 23:09 +0200, Lukas-Fabian Moser a écrit :
Folks,

on https://twitter.com/spagnolo_mic/status/1648702871112671232, someone
(obviously a MuseScore developer) posted an analysis of a
Sibelius/MuseScore comparison.

I took the liberty of adding a LilyPond version in case anybody is
interested, compiled with today's current master. The .ly source is
below; I had to force a \stemDown for the right hand part of the
cross-staff situation (and \voiceOne / \voiceTwo settings, but these are
expected).

I'm a bit surprised by the output with

\layout {
  \override Score.PaperColumn.stencil = #ly:paper-column::print
}

which looks like

I thought LilyPond would make separate chains of springs for the columns related to the left hand and those for the right hand. It would probably yield more regular spacing to do so — I think.