"Closed" fret diagrams

From: Bophead 2000
Subject: "Closed" fret diagrams
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2023 19:22:46 +0200

There is something I do not like about the fret diagrams in Lilypond:

The diagrams are "open" on the side pointing towards the bridge of the instrument, with the strings "sticking out" on that side. How could I achieve closed rectangles in Lilypond like e.g. the "MusFrets" font does?

https://www.notationcentral.com/product/musfrets/

It is simply about a line drawn at the bottom (in the default direction) of the fret diagram, but I do not know enough scheme to do it.

It would be great if someone could show how to do that and that might as well be an option that could become standard in a future version.

Thanks in advance

Bophead