Re: /usr/local/lilypond/usr/bin/lilypond: not found

From: JD Margulici
Subject: Re: /usr/local/lilypond/usr/bin/lilypond: not found
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 20:46:35 -0700

Jean, thank you so much for your explanations and insights. You've convinced me that I'm better off building an image from an Ubuntu base. In fact I had reached the same conclusion after reading that folks use Alpine for its small size, yet a full install of Tex Live (which I also require) is multiple gigabytes anyway.

Thank you also for confirming that the problem is likely due to the glibc/musl discrepancy. I'm not going to try and fix this since I'll switch to Ubuntu, but I'm glad to at least be able to understand why this installation could not succeed out of the box.

JD