Re: /usr/local/lilypond/usr/bin/lilypond: not found

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: /usr/local/lilypond/usr/bin/lilypond: not found
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 09:26:27 +0200

Le 12 avr. 2023 à 02:26, JD Margulici <jdmargulici@gmail.com> a écrit :

Hello, I am running the following commands to install Lilypond on Alpine Linux:

with LILYPOND_INSTALLER set to lilypond-2.23.6-1.linux-64.sh

The installation proceeds without glitches. However when I try to run Lilypond I get the following error message, which in spite of its apparent simplicity is rather cryptic since the file that is not found actually exists:

/usr/local/bin/lilypond: exec: line 4: /usr/local/lilypond/usr/bin/lilypond: not found

Similar error with lilypond-book:

/usr/local/bin/lilypond-book: exec: line 6: /usr/local/lilypond/usr/bin/python3: not found

I found a 15-year old post that reports the same error, but the resolution was not clear: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2009-01/msg00725.html

Thank you for your help!

Not sure about the error message, but I don’t think it could be that simple since the binaries we provide are for glibc-based systems, while Alpine uses musl. You could try the techniques here: https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Running_glibc_programs

There is a Frecobaldi Flatpak that includes LilyPond binaries.

Also, 2.23.6 was a development version that has been replaced by the stable 2.24 release series. You should upgrade to 2.24 (for which we don’t provide sh installers but static binaries, though still dynamically linking to glibc).